Life & Music

Miss Independent in the real form. Love for music, marketing & good people

Wednesday 20 April 2011

Turning 27 (gracefully) Wiser, Stronger and Focused

As always a birthday note!


So I turn 27 tomorrow/today, another year's gone by and I get to talk about all the things that have happened over the year, in all aspects of my life - I like being an open book, because i'm not scared of being me. Today i'm going to reveal a few things which people are not aware of...
So since last April - I'm still single, been on a few dates - mostly disastrous but funny too! No offence to the guys, but i'm glad they didn't work out, as it only makes me know, what I want more...and of course what I don't want!


Each year I find I tend to cut people out my life for some reason or another, not because i'm a high-flying B***h but because in one way or another they've hurt me, or just created negative energy. I need positive people and good people around me - i've lived with too much rubbish around me for far too long.
Careerwise I left my 3-year job from Marketing Coordinator to now Web Content Exec, the pays more and as with all of us, I hope most of us know our worth. As much as I loved the people and company, there was no room for progression, so I felt it was time to move onto something new....and that for some people can be hard in itself. Starting afresh isn't always easy, you lose people along the way, but you also gain new people, it's part and parcel of life, as I learn every year which brings me onto my music...


Only a few weeks ago Kee and I parted ways musically, mutual and all part of progression. It was coming at some point, in fact last year I had decided I wanted to give up managing, because it was just all too much, but then I decided against it - and i'm glad! As some business releationships finish others are created...with every journey, there is a new door for everyone...and I want to wish Kee all the very best - still have a lot of love for her and her talent. I know she will do well. I can't say that at some point I wasn't hurt, as I was, it was like watching a bird fly its nest for the the very first time, after you'd taught it how to fly etc - you're happy for it but also scared they don't get hurt along the way. Like I said i'm very open...a lot of people may not like that...but hey this is my note! I felt a little down and angry about things, but soon you learn that life's too short and everyone has their own issues to deal with. I did however notice how quickly people change around you...and yes I notice very well. One thing I will say to ANY artist out there, appreciate what people do for you, you may not always meet good people around you, there are very rare people in this industry who do things out the kindness of their heart. I may not be the BEST manager, but i'd like to think i'm a good one - I respect people and try the best I can with all that goes on around me.


So now Raine is Arjun and I, we have a lot going on, something exciting in the pipeline which I'll reveal in good time and hopefully soon (fingers crossed!). I'm working on my solo material as well as managing Arjun. I call it the Elton Team! lol Arjun produces for me as I can only sing and songwrite! I'm looking forward to his new releases! Lot of love for Arjun as not only is he an artist to me but also a brother, who has shown me my wrongs and rights :-)

My 2010/2011 songwriting credits: I co-wrote 'Crazy' Kee's debut single in 2010, which also went global! In 2011 I was blessed with writing the Hindi hook for 'Jaaneman' the amazing song by Raxstar feat Kee. Writing an item number 'Nachengye' for the new UK feature film 'The Rajini Effect' music produced by Charles Bosco and also beautiful vocals by Priti Menon and there is still lots more to come including my single 'Play This Game'.
As a manager i've been around for 3 years but as an artist i'm starting from scratch - now I will see who helps and sticks by my side when I need them - as honestly speaking I've been there for a lot of people.
I also held our first Raine Showcase in conjunction with Thamarai at Patch bar in Central London, which was an amazing night with great talent from all spectrums. With the help of Vinay Sharma we organised a charity cricket match, we raised circa £500 - thanking everyone involved. £250 went to the Japan Crisis and £250 to Red Cross.
As you can tell music plays a BIG part in my life!


Priya Mulji also interviewed me about my life, you can check out her blog: http://priyamulji.wordpress.com/2011/03/18/rani-joshi-talks-motherhood-domestic-violence-and-music/

I also went on holiday to Greece last year my first girlie holiday - amazing time, then Paris partying away, some of my best friends got married and engaged - so this years going to be busy!!

I think this notes long enough and a bit jumbled - but you'll understand it I hope!

I've learned that no matter how much you help people it's never enough, so start by helping the person that needs it the most - you. You only have this one life to be all that you can.
So from 26-27 i've become wiser, stronger and more focused. Thank you to everyone who has shown me love and support over the year and also the artists i've worked with.


I want to leave you with this, something I wrote today:

'A strong woman never breaks down, but uses her pain to become her strength'

Love always xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment